A picture tour and historical information about covered bridges
Click on the name to visit the bridge:
Wehr's Bridge is also known as Sieger's bridge. The bridge is 140 feet long and crosses Jordan Creek. It was built in 1841 making it among the oldest still standing in Pennsylvania and in the nation. The name Wehr's Bridge came into use because Wehr's Mill, built in 1862, was located near the bridge.
Click on the picture above. This thumbnail is worth the wait for a beautiful picture of this old bridge which is still open to traffic.
Wehr's Bridge is part of South Whitehall's covered bridge park. The bridge is located on Township Route 597, Wehr's Mill Road, at the junction with River Road.
|At left is a view of
the concrete dam next to Wehr's bridge. This dam was built in 1904 and was
considered to be the best constructed concrete dam in the area.
Click on the thumbnail at left to see a larger version.
Return to top of page
Money | Family | Health | Fun | People | Store | Home
Comments or questions?
E-mail to email@example.com
Copyright 1999, 2000, 2001 by US Boomers Corporation. All rights reserved.